The 2018 General Election is Tuesday, November 6.To be eligible to work as an election judge, individuals must:
* Be eligible to vote in Minnesota* Be able to read, write, and speak English
* Be appointed by the City Council* Complete a minimum of two (2) hours of training provided by the CityYou may not be an election judge if you are:
* A candidate on the ballot
* The spouse, parent, stepparent, child, stepchild, sibling, or stepsibling of a candidate on the ballot or another election judge serving in the same precinct at the same time* Living with a candidate on the ballot
* A challenger appointed to contest voter eligibilityTo encourage participation, state law allows individuals to take time off from work, without penalty or loss of wages, to serve as election judges. Details on how to request time off from your employer in order to serve as an election judge can be provided. Polling places are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Judges report to the polling places beginning at 5:30 a.m. It is preferred that judges work all day, but if you can only work half a day, the shifts are 5:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to closing. Other hours can be arranged if necessary.If you are willing to work at this year's General Election, please complete and submit this application form. If you are hired, information about work assignments and trainings will be mailed to you in September. Election judges are paid a rate of $10.00 per hour.
(as it appears on Social Security Card)
All election judges are required to submit an election judge application which asks you to provide information which includes private information under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (MGDPA). This information will be used to make work assignments and to contact you regarding election judge training and other matters. In addition, the City provides your phone number to head judges who are asked to contact you prior to Election Day. You are not legally required to provide any of the requested information. However, if you do not, the City of Apple Valley will be unable to process your application.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field