Formed as a statutory city, Apple Valley has four City Council members and a mayor. The City Council is the legislative and policy making body for the city government. The mayor and four City Council members are elected at large to alternating four-year terms.
The City of Apple Valley is pledged to promote and enhance the health, safety, and general well-being of its citizens and all who visit the City.
In achieving this goal, the City will:
- Provide a full range of municipal services;
- Encourage active participation in city government activities;
- Promote quality development;
- Provide a balance of residential, commercial, and public uses;
- Promote employment opportunities within the community;
- Experiment with new ideas in the delivery of public services;
- Transmit to future citizens a better and more beautiful community.
Contact for Mayor and All Councilmembers
Mayor Hooppaw Contact
Councilmember Bergman Contact
Councilmember Goodwin Contact
Councilmember Grendahl Contact
Councilmember Melander Contact
- 7:00 pm
- Second and fourth Thursday of each month
- Apple Valley Municipal Center
7100 147th St. W.
Apple Valley, MN 55124