RentHelpMN makes it possible for eligible renters to get caught up on overdue rent and utilities dating back to March 13, 2020. It also makes provisions for those at risk of falling behind on rent payments due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Eviction Prevention Assistance
Help is now available for past due rent and utilities through RentHelpMN.org. Please note that RentHelpMN is in Phase One, in which people with past due rent who meet eligibility requirements are invited to apply.
You may qualify for help if you:
1. You are a renter in Minnesota
2. You have past due rent or utilities
3. You have experienced a COVID-19 hardship or unemployment
4. Your household income does not exceed 80 percent of Area Median Income
In order to apply, collect the following information to submit with your application:
• Proof of household income for all adults such as 2020 tax documents (1040, W2, 1099), two months of pay stubs or benefit letters
• Copy of rental agreement or lease or proof of regular payments to landlord
• Landlord's contact information
• Proof of balance owed for rent or utility bills
• Additional information for verification may be needed